The Devi Union workshop brings the divine feminine teachings of Vajrayana Buddhism-known as the most advanced, esoteric, secret, and feminist part of Buddhism-into our everyday world. This process will teach the chants, meditations, mandalas, visualizations, and other tantric practices of Goddess Tārā and other female Buddhas.
I have developed bodhicitta as a woman. For all my lifetimes along the path I vow to be born as a woman, and in my final lifetime when I attain Buddhahood, then, too, I will be a woman.
~ Goddess Tārā
Tantra and Enlightenment Benefits
- Open to the divine blessings of Arya Tārā through devotional prayer and mantra
- Connect with her healing and protective energy
- Learn chants and mantras for Tārā and her 21 Manifestations
- Be inspired by Tārā's life story and the stories of real life women who embody her enlightened qualities
- Learn about the Wisdom Dakinis and how they connect with Tārā
- Empower yourself within our women's circle, accessing support for your own spiritual growth
- Heal emotionally by speaking and listening to others from your heart
Tantra and Enlightenment
Āryā Tārā, one of the most beloved Buddhist deities, is a Bodhisattva, a Buddha, a Mother Goddess, and a Tantric Deity. Tārā is known as the "Saviouress" and the "Mother of the Buddhas," and yet, she is none other than the essential nature of your own mind.
Eventually there came to be 21 aspects of Tārā as found in the Sanskrit hymn, Praises to the 21 Tārās. Green Tārā is considered the queen of all the Tārās, and is known for overcoming fear and danger. She is swift like the wind, and her compassion is as vast as space. It is this Tārā that we will learn about in this Devi Union workshop.
This Devi Union workshop will give you the opportunity to open to the divine healing energy of Tārā through guided meditations, mantra recitation, and the sharing of stories and teachings about Āryā Tārā.
We will also come together as a community to explore what Tārā means to us on a personal level and how her enlightened energy manifests in our own lives. In the final class you will experience a personal process called "Journey with Tārā" as a way to bring about personal healing and integration. We will also enjoy devotional chanting, kirtan, of her mantra in our final class.